“… if our business sector faced the same red tape and regulatory burden as our charities and NFPs continue to endure, there would be uproar.”
Key extracts from the report card relating to Partnership with not-for-profits, which earned a ‘C’ rating, include:
This vital contributor to society and the economy is hampered by an uncertain funding landscape and complex and duplicative regulations.
Slow, but positive, progress on regulatory consistency, but funding cycles and duplication remain key challenges.
Recommendations from 2017 Blueprint for Growth
• Set best-practice target of five-year funding cycles with 12 months’ notice, and allow for internal investment in capacity.
• A ‘fit for purpose’ regulatory environment with nationally consistent definitions and reporting systems and less duplication (e.g. fundraising reform).
The report card also covers the following areas:
- Reforming national governance (rated C-)
- Fiscal sustainability (rated C)
- Innovation and entrepreneurialism (rated B+)
- Human capital (rated C)
- National infrastructure (rated C+)
If you would like to arrange a Board or Audit and Risk Committee briefing or discussion on the issues raised in this post, please contact me on 0419 347 599 or email me at email@example.com